For the sake of completion, I shall do my annual “Year in Review” for 2007. This is, what, the fourth year straight I’ve done it? Haha.
1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before? Hmmm… Policy Debate. Economics (ewww). Going out with Devon!
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I’m quite close to completion on them. I’m sure I’ll come up with some new ones, too.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Not that I can think of.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Not really. This is positive, by the way.
5. What countries did you visit? Um. Mexico.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? Some time off, I think. Haha, “breathing room” if you will. I think that’s for SV, though.
7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? 5-20, mainly.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? *Points to Devon* … Also my triumph over economics.
9. What was your biggest failure? Good question. I lost some friendships.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No injuries to speak of, but I got sick maybe 2 or three times this year, which isn’t actually common.
11. What was the best thing you bought? That’s a good question. I haven’t really bought anything, I think.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Haha, a good amount of people. Special awards to Devon, Miles, Tony and Francisco.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Do I really need to say it?
14. Where did most of your money go? Gasoline. And dates? Haha, and this is pretending I have money.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? This year? MUN conference, Devon in general, The FranciscShow, gaming (AKA SSBB and L4D)… The usual smaller stuff.
16. What song will always remind you of 2007? Hm. Probably Hair Down or Passing the Hat by the Cold War Kids.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier, which is a nice change of pace.
ii. thinner or fatter? Would prefer to drop a few pounds, personally.
iii. richer or poorer? I have $25 to my name, which is not from my parents. I suppose, with that logic, I am richer. In reality, I’m as broke as ever.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Probably some more sleeping. More college prep, too, I guess.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Calculus. AP Economics. …Or are we talking about actual things? Worrying, then, is also up there.
20. How will you be spending Christmas? With the family. I’m going to Carolina tomorrow, but I’ll be back by the 24th. Go Panthers!
22. Did you fall in love in 2007? Well. Maybe. 😉 Yes, of course.
23. How many one-night stands? Let’s count. You expect me to remember all the way back to the beginning of the year?
24. What was your favorite TV program? 24 failed me this year. The end of SG-1 could’ve been better, but Atlantis takes the crown for an excellent end of season and beginning of another. Heroes is also good. I watched Friends, which is totally worth the hype, and Scrubs, too. They get honorable mentions.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Not particularly.
26. What was the best book you read? Hm… A lot of the books I read since the last time I did this were between the 25th and New Year ’07. But… Stardust was very good. I haven’t really read much this year, which is sorta sad.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Cold War Kids. Yes, I can say it!
28. What did you want and get? I want to get into college with a full scholarship. You’ll hear about if that happens in about a year, oh great year in review. I also wanted someone who would listen to me when I needed them – something I never really have had. Yay Devon!
30. What was your favorite film of this year? Hmmm… Transformers, Live Free or Die Hard, and Shoot ‘Em Up were amazing. Hot Fuzz was great. 28 Weeks Later was creepy. Really enjoyed 300 and Mr. Bean’s Holiday. Haha, it’s been a good year in film.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 17, and did nothing on my birthday. A few weeks later, though, I was nearly surprised (haha, Tony). It was still epic, because everyone was there and it was awesome and stuff.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Haha. I prefer not to say.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? Um. I really ❤ the linen pants I have. Haha. And Threadless shirts! I think that counts.
34. What kept you sane? People. Or, rather, my friends.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Eh. No one particular.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? There’s the stupid OS stuff. But, on a national scale… All of those idiot Ron Paul supporters. That’s right. I called you all idiots. What are you going to do, decide that everyone should raise money against me tomorrow? Losers.
37. Who did you miss? Jorge! Miles! Devon sometimes! Gahhh, too many people are leaving.
38. Who was the best new person you met? Well. We started hanging out with Francisco for real this year. Does that count? Otherwise, I don’t think I’ve really met anyone new.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007: Um. You’d think this would be easier to come up with.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: Maybe
Lose that nervous twitch
Waiting for his chance
To prove the talk is wrong
God make up your mind
God make up your mind
Do you wanna play fair
Or should I take what’s mine?
Like everyone else
In other news, my “Cheshil-goes-to-college” quest officially begins today, when some of my recommendations (from Sanders) hit the US Postal Service.