1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? College. For serious. Also, We the People. Talk about insane.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Some, but not all. I should really check that resolution.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Nope.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Nope!
5. What countries did you visit? None. 😦
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? Career plans? Heh. Also, I would like to have a summer goal that, for once, I accomplish. Like Cheshil.com. Or a movie.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Hmmmm. I can’t say. I’m sure there’s something… Say July 29th? That’s a good one.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Probably ending up as WTO chair at SRMUN. Also possibly WTP, but probably not.
9. What was your biggest failure? Unit 4.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing except more sickness than usual.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Nothing particular. Though I do enjoy my Threadless shirts, bought with my own money!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Miles’ epic turn-around.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Russell. That’s right, I said it.
14. Where did most of your money go? “My” money being work money? Shirts. <.< Also dates, but I did not earn that money.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? LAN LAN LAN Devon LAN LAN. Not necessarily in that order or quantity.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? Loyalty to Loyalty in general, I think. And, of course, the Dr. Horrible soundtrack.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Probably the same, if not leaning towards happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter 😦
iii. richer or poorer? Richer. I work!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Fun things. In general… Working on it, though.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Micromanage. I think it’s too late to stop it, though.
20. How will you be spending Christmas? 😦 sorry I did this late, oh god of quizzes.
22. Did you fall in love in 2008? Nope. Been there, done that, enjoying every second of it.
23. How many one-night stands? Let’s count. None to report, I’m afraid.
24. What was your favorite TV program? Stargate Atlantis wins this year (2 years straight!), with The Office taking a nice honorable mention. Heroes has been sub-par and no 24 to really speak of. House gets another honorable mention. Goodbye, SGA.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Nope.
26. What was the best book you read? I honestly think I’ve read not but a few books this year, all post-WTP. The Greys by Whitley Strieber was excellent, and my Pendragon series is still amazing.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Who did I discover this year? Does Dr. Horrible count? I also listened to more Journey this year than ever before.
28. What did you want and get? Shout out to last year: I got my scholarship. Also, I wanted a Chef’s hat. Got one-upped and got the costume. Wanted and got some games. The gaming laptop! The car! The mouse! Great year in gifts. Also, my phone.
30. What was your favorite film of this year? Bolt. No doubt. Cloverfield pulls up in a semi-close second.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Turned 18. Went to Disney World on Senior Trip. Got sunscreen in my eyes each morning. Had an excellent time.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Your mom ;). Also, not having to study. But that’s not possible.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Not really different than usual. Except I only have like 2 pairs of jeans.
34. What kept you sane? My family + Devon. Also, the rest of you who got on gtalk/during the WTP times.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Meh.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? The election? I don’t know. I wasn’t really “stirred.” DRM? Haha. Let’s not go there. Can’t say anything got me too much.
37. Who did you miss? Everyoneeeee.
38. Who was the best new person you met? No idea.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008: You can do it. Study. Don’t kill yourself. Go Bush Doctrine (that is, preemptive) on things.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
You never really know what you can’t really see
I’ll be there, I’ll be there
You made it out alive, oh, what a relief
I’ll be there, I’ll be there
(Relief, Cold War Kids)