I’ve been putting this off for no real reason. Read on!
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before? Created something that was aired on TV. Millsaps TiP.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I did a quick search and I don’t see any. So, I don’t know if I made them. As for 2011, I don’t think I will. I’ll stick to reviewing years and making summer goals.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes. Still miss you, Andrew.
5. What countries did you visit? I didn’t.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? A consistent work ethic, I think. Though I did seem to have that spring 2010, just not in the fall. I’d also like to keep my stress level low – with this whole “medical school” thing coming, I’m going to have to try hard to keep the stress level low.
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Sept. 17
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I’m rather proud of my grades in Gen Chem II and Organic so far. Also, I think I played more games in 2010 than I did in 2010, so I achieved fun. Sorta.
9. What was your biggest failure? Physics. A thousand times physics. Sure, I didn’t do well in Molecular Cell, but Physics is just crushing. Ugh.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Not really. Been sick a few times, but nothing major.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Alan Wake Limited Edition. Also, books, but that’s probably the best thing I purchased for myself all year. Great game. Really need to play The Writer (DLC).
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Everyone, I think.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? None.
14. Where did most of your money go? Dates. Video games. Christmas presents. Food (this is the only thing added to to the answer of this question from last year).
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood? Haha. And also Alan Wake. Devon as well. I was super excited about Summer and possibly more so for this winter/holiday/Christmas break. Also: Stargate Universe. 😦
16. What song will always remind you of 2010? Bieber Fever! …Pretty much all of the Key of Awesome, honestly.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Eh. Sadder, I suppose, but that’s due to a couple of unchangeable things (the future, etc).
ii. thinner or fatter? 😦 😦 😦
iii. richer or poorer? Probably about even. Of course, I’ll be richer in general, as I get paid to do my job for the paper.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Relaxed. Slept.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Not studied? I don’t know. Probably worried.
will you be spending did you spend Christmas? Family/Devon. Also, now I remember why I usually do this before Christmas! I think I also made this same revelation last year or the year before.
22. Did you fall in love in 2010? Psh. Done’d forever ago.
23. How many one-night stands? Let’s count. In the 5(?) years I’ve done this, this answer hasn’t changed. This isn’t the year.
24. What was your favorite TV program? Much love to Stargate Universe, but it’s all Community this year. What a show. As for old shows: Boston Legal and Arrested Development.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Nope.
26. What was the best book you read? Probably Revelation Space, though Day by Day Armageddon: Beyond Exile was also wondrous (and frightening).
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? I don’t make musical discoveries often.
28. What did you want and get? Video games & books! Also, Christmas stuff. Low key, but perfect.
30. What was your favorite film of this year? Hm. Kick-Ass. Followed by Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, then Tron: Legacy. I suppose Inception is four.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 20. Went out to eat with Devon, then saw a movie with friends. Also, lunch with friends. I got a GAVEL. Heck yes.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Would that this blog were a time blog…
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? T-shirts. The occasional suit.
34. What kept you sane? Devon.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? No one, really. Possibly more Kristen Bell, but I don’t have a problem.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? That stupid “mosque” nonsense. Gahhhhhhh.
37. Who did you miss? All of my friends that aren’t at Millsaps.
38. Who was the best new person you met? I… don’t know if I actually met anyone new in 2010. Isn’t that sad?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010: You can’t know everything. Tell people that they’re important to you.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Christmas was good. I got what I wanted and a little more. I’m completely engrossed in Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood. Started Bayonetta last night.
I’m ready for 2011, but not by much. Unless people start calling it twenty-eleven instead of two thousand and eleven. I’m sick of that. If that’s the case, I’m super ready for 2011.