I do this yearly. So, here it is.
Also, I remembered to (technically-ish) do this before Christmas. Yay!
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before? Got into Medical School!
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I said I’d most once a week. Almost lasted half of a year. Don’t know about resolutions for this year. I doubt it.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Nay.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No.
5. What countries did you visit? None. Sadly.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011? Motivation needs to increase. Would also like some stability with my family, but that’s highly unlikely.
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Can’t really think of any. I should say the day I got into Med school, right? It was last month. Nov. 10? 11? 12? Something like that.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I did pretty well in Con. Law, especially as a Bio major. Oh. And, again, that medical school thing.
9. What was your biggest failure? Biochem was awful. Wish I did a bit better on the MCAT.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing major to note. I’m sorta sick right now!
11. What was the best thing you bought? Hm… Got a good book (The Mote in God’s Eye), a few good games (Bastion, Skyward Sword)… I’m sure I’ve forgotten stuff.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Everyone, yay!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Syfy channel. Thanks, jerks.
14. Where did most of your money go? Games. Food. Dates.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? I was quite excited for Assassin’s Creed Revelations for a while there, but my current lack of HDMI cable has resulted in my hype dropping until I can actually play. Also: C&C Generals 2. Hell yes. I was quite excited to see Devon after her one month excursion to the foreign land of Costa Rica.
16. What song will always remind you of 2011? Winter Wrap-Up, right?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Hm. Happier, possibly. Probably.
ii. thinner or fatter? 😦 😦 😦 <–said it last year, still applicable.
iii. richer or poorer? A bit richer! Don’t worry, I’ll take care of that by this time next year.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? I’d say games, but I’m taking care of that now. I don’t know. Studied? I studied hard, though. Well. Who knows.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worried about my family situation. It isn’t going to get better with me worrying.
20. How will you be spending Christmas? Family. Yeahhhh. Also, Devon.
22. Did you fall in love in 2011? Been there, done that.
23. How many one-night stands? Let’s count. SO MANY. YEAH. Totally. Really. …yeah.
24. What was your favorite TV program? Community has been, as always, solid.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No!
26. What was the best book you read? I think The Mote in God’s Eye. Awesome, awesome read.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? I enjoyed that Woodkid song in the Assassin’s Creed Revelations trailer. Does that count?
28. What did you want and get? Games. A good MCAT score. Got the former, eh on the latter.
30. What was your favorite film of this year? Good question. I quite enjoyed The Muppets. I’m sure there’s something I’ve forgotten. Someone remind me.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 21. Went out with Devon and had an awesome time. Delicious food.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Making my family drama not happen. More Stargate.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011? I bought a new suit. It’s nice!
34. What kept you sane? Devon.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Everyone loves Alison Brie! Also, Emmy Rossum in Shameless ftw, right?
36. What political issue stirred you the most? Personhood. At least we won.
37. Who did you miss? My non-Millsaps friends.
38. Who was the best new person you met? I don’t know. I’m sure I met people.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011: Just focus on your own problems. You can’t control everything. Don’t try.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Nooope, don’t have anything. Sorry!
So. I should get to wrapping presents…